Skip to main content

The teachings began with a bang - Chapter 2 Sloka 14


Chapter 2 Sloka 14

मात्रास्पर्शास्तु कौन्तेय शीतोष्णसुखदु: खदा: 
आगमापायिनोऽनित्यास्तांस्तितिक्षस्व भारत 

mātrā-sparśās tu kaunteya śītoṣṇa-sukha-duḥkha-dāh
āgamāpāyino ’nityās tans-titikṣasva bhārata


Teachings  began with a bang

Song about death was sung

Jivā woke up as the bells rang 

And  now added was little tang


The practical manual was charted

Advaita in daily life started

Wake up to the reality of "I"

And Say that this body is not "I"


Stop blaming the world

Stop blaming the self

Stop engaging in a tourney

Start your vedanta journey 


Sense object and the sense organ connect

Don't give that perception lot of respect

Be objective, and take it with a stride

Be humorous and observe with a pride


Ātmā is not cold 

Ātmā is not hot

Ātma has no feelings

Ātma is simply 'is'


The ignorance is the root cause

The superimposition is the loss

Cut the wrong cord to be free

This knowledge will make you just 'be'


Perceptions are fleeting

Thoughts are fleeting

All variables are fleeting

Everything is fleeting 


No more loud complaints to spin

No more  fears and anxiety within 

You practice this Titikṣa as homework

That will clear this age old murk 

Swamini Svatmavidyananda Class   Gita Bhashya class 20

  

 










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just Be ( Summa Iru)

Just Be (Summa Iru)  As I sat in the weekly satsangs on Ramana Maharshi, Bhagavan’s question echoed within me: “When are you coming to Tiruvannamalai?” That question did not remain a question for long. It ripened itself. The long vigil of Maha Shivaratri, chanting the Ramana Tamil parayanam and the 26th chapter of the Ribhu Gita, deepened the saṅkalpa into something steady and irreversible. After a week-long Vedanta camp in Rishikesh, the journey unfolded almost on its own. Flights were booked. A car was arranged from Chennai. For the first time, plans were made not for the world or family, but for the Self. And in that sincerity, something remarkable happened: the universe did not resist. No one in the family objected. It was as if life itself stepped aside. Despite war and unrest disrupting travel across the world, when asked, “Are you still going?” the response arose effortlessly: “If it has to happen, it will.” In the bustle of Rishikesh, the mind wandered through sense objects...

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome Should I sleep away from the drama of the world, Or awaken to the stillness in which it appears? Should I wake up from the dream of the waking state, where name and form parade as truth? Or accept them as they are? Should I stop attempting to rewrite the script of life? Or engage in the scenes of the play with a playful attitude? Should I stop projecting a personal movie, Or recognize that I am the light that makes all images possible? Should I reject the world as a mere phenomenon? Or release identification with body and mind? Should I rest in the wisdom of internal calmness ? Should I be that mystical Swan  meandering gracefully in the water  abiding in self right now? If not I, Who will see this? If not now, When will this seeing occur? Who am I is the question of Viveka What am I up to is the question of Vairagya When there is nowhere to go, and nothing to attain, I dwell in these questions, not seeking answers, for the questions themselves are...

Discharge Summary - from the ward of Ignorance

Patient Name: Jijñāsu Admission Diagnosis: Samsara (chronic cyclical identification with nāma–rūpa–karma) Hospital Course: Prolonged, recurrent, self-perpetuating Final Status: Free — here and now DISPOSITION: Discharged to Self. FOLLOW-UP: None. PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS: Oh dear patient, Take food as medicine. Hunger, like an illness, arrives, lingers, and leaves. Eat in measure, not too much, not too little, not for delight, not for the tongue’s applause, but for full nourishment. Do not trouble yourself over which antibiotic is prescribed amoxicillin or azithromycin. Leave that to the Doctor who treats you. And leave to nature what arrives on your plate, poha or oatmeal, receive it, and take only what is needed. Oh dear  Jijñāsu  , If there is no sepsis, no cancer, no trembling heart in crisis, you do not seek a hospital bed. In the same way, if there is no desire for lineage, wealth, or fleeting fame, why admit yourself into samsara? Step out of name, out of form, out of t...