Skip to main content

The pearls of Shastra (Laghu Vakya Vritti 9-10)


Laghu Vakya Vritti 9-10


क्षणेक्षणेऽन्यथाभूता धीविकल्पाश्चितिर्नतु। 

मुक्तासुसूत्रवद्बुद्धिद्बु विकल्पेषुचितिस्तथा ॥९॥

मुक्ताभिरावृतंसूत्रंमुक्तयोर्मध्य ईक्ष्यते। 

तथा वृत्तिविकल्पैश्चित्स्पष्टा मध्येविकल्पयोः ॥१०॥


To wander is its nature- mind,

You never mind wandering mind

To run on is its nature -words

You learn to put full stop to words


A toddler in the amusement park- Ahankarā

Rides and rides until it gets exhausted 

Moment to moment thoughts are fleeting

Repeating again and again competing 


Pearls of different sizes and colors

Strung together by the great scholar

Separate them gently to see the string

Then you can be one with the King


Physical body is the annamaya

Vital force is the pranamaya

Thoughts of the mind is manomaya

Doer  becomes the vijñāmayā


Experiencer becomes the ānandamaya

Brahman is the ultimate sarvamaya

Entire world wakes up with you

As though they come in the view


Keep the external world external

Keep the internal perceptions external

Enjoy the beauty of the eternal

This can be the routine of diurnal 


Bahiranga sādana purifies the mind

antaranga sādana reduces movements

Japa and meditation brings tranquility

Then you can understand the nobility



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Be ( Summa Iru)

Just Be (Summa Iru)  As I sat in the weekly satsangs on Ramana Maharshi, Bhagavan’s question echoed within me: “When are you coming to Tiruvannamalai?” That question did not remain a question for long. It ripened itself. The long vigil of Maha Shivaratri, chanting the Ramana Tamil parayanam and the 26th chapter of the Ribhu Gita, deepened the saṅkalpa into something steady and irreversible. After a week-long Vedanta camp in Rishikesh, the journey unfolded almost on its own. Flights were booked. A car was arranged from Chennai. For the first time, plans were made not for the world or family, but for the Self. And in that sincerity, something remarkable happened: the universe did not resist. No one in the family objected. It was as if life itself stepped aside. Despite war and unrest disrupting travel across the world, when asked, “Are you still going?” the response arose effortlessly: “If it has to happen, it will.” In the bustle of Rishikesh, the mind wandered through sense objects...

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome Should I sleep away from the drama of the world, Or awaken to the stillness in which it appears? Should I wake up from the dream of the waking state, where name and form parade as truth? Or accept them as they are? Should I stop attempting to rewrite the script of life? Or engage in the scenes of the play with a playful attitude? Should I stop projecting a personal movie, Or recognize that I am the light that makes all images possible? Should I reject the world as a mere phenomenon? Or release identification with body and mind? Should I rest in the wisdom of internal calmness ? Should I be that mystical Swan  meandering gracefully in the water  abiding in self right now? If not I, Who will see this? If not now, When will this seeing occur? Who am I is the question of Viveka What am I up to is the question of Vairagya When there is nowhere to go, and nothing to attain, I dwell in these questions, not seeking answers, for the questions themselves are...

Discharge Summary - from the ward of Ignorance

Patient Name: Jijñāsu Admission Diagnosis: Samsara (chronic cyclical identification with nāma–rūpa–karma) Hospital Course: Prolonged, recurrent, self-perpetuating Final Status: Free — here and now DISPOSITION: Discharged to Self. FOLLOW-UP: None. PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS: Oh dear patient, Take food as medicine. Hunger, like an illness, arrives, lingers, and leaves. Eat in measure, not too much, not too little, not for delight, not for the tongue’s applause, but for full nourishment. Do not trouble yourself over which antibiotic is prescribed amoxicillin or azithromycin. Leave that to the Doctor who treats you. And leave to nature what arrives on your plate, poha or oatmeal, receive it, and take only what is needed. Oh dear  Jijñāsu  , If there is no sepsis, no cancer, no trembling heart in crisis, you do not seek a hospital bed. In the same way, if there is no desire for lineage, wealth, or fleeting fame, why admit yourself into samsara? Step out of name, out of form, out of t...