Skip to main content

Significance of Śanti Mantras

 Significance of Śanti Mantras

Groundhog emerges annually from the hole

Shadow is seen again preventing the whole

Backpack of desires pull you back from the goal

Leaving the nest takes a toll on the soul


Some come to vedanta accidentally as a tourist

Some come with a definite intention of a purist

Crashing waves smooth the ragged edges

Repeated listening strengthen the pledge


Upanishad reading  gives you only headache

Listening is the best icing of the cake 

Giving gives you the status of 'Donor'

Śraddha gives you the status of Śraddhavan


Running around continues even for the clever

Search is for harmony and peace forever

Not guaranteed in heaven even with endeavor 

Stay in the heaven ends when the visa gets over 


Prayers allow celestials to bless

Students can concentrate without stress

Bending down decrease the waist line

Inner resistance melts and self shines


Inhalation happens because of Sun

 Respiration happens because of Vayu

 Elimination happens because of Varuna 

 Ability of strength  is because of Indra

 

Ability to discriminate is because of Brihaspati

The one with long strides is Urukrama

Aligning speech, mind, action is Ārjavam

Manage unconscious mind  with compassion


Pray to Devata to heal inner Dvaita

Pray to Iśvara to learn Advaita

Prayers prevent intellectual sloth

Learning continues with a steady growth 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Be ( Summa Iru)

Just Be (Summa Iru)  As I sat in the weekly satsangs on Ramana Maharshi, Bhagavan’s question echoed within me: “When are you coming to Tiruvannamalai?” That question did not remain a question for long. It ripened itself. The long vigil of Maha Shivaratri, chanting the Ramana Tamil parayanam and the 26th chapter of the Ribhu Gita, deepened the saṅkalpa into something steady and irreversible. After a week-long Vedanta camp in Rishikesh, the journey unfolded almost on its own. Flights were booked. A car was arranged from Chennai. For the first time, plans were made not for the world or family, but for the Self. And in that sincerity, something remarkable happened: the universe did not resist. No one in the family objected. It was as if life itself stepped aside. Despite war and unrest disrupting travel across the world, when asked, “Are you still going?” the response arose effortlessly: “If it has to happen, it will.” In the bustle of Rishikesh, the mind wandered through sense objects...

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome Should I sleep away from the drama of the world, Or awaken to the stillness in which it appears? Should I wake up from the dream of the waking state, where name and form parade as truth? Or accept them as they are? Should I stop attempting to rewrite the script of life? Or engage in the scenes of the play with a playful attitude? Should I stop projecting a personal movie, Or recognize that I am the light that makes all images possible? Should I reject the world as a mere phenomenon? Or release identification with body and mind? Should I rest in the wisdom of internal calmness ? Should I be that mystical Swan  meandering gracefully in the water  abiding in self right now? If not I, Who will see this? If not now, When will this seeing occur? Who am I is the question of Viveka What am I up to is the question of Vairagya When there is nowhere to go, and nothing to attain, I dwell in these questions, not seeking answers, for the questions themselves are...

Discharge Summary - from the ward of Ignorance

Patient Name: Jijñāsu Admission Diagnosis: Samsara (chronic cyclical identification with nāma–rūpa–karma) Hospital Course: Prolonged, recurrent, self-perpetuating Final Status: Free — here and now DISPOSITION: Discharged to Self. FOLLOW-UP: None. PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS: Oh dear patient, Take food as medicine. Hunger, like an illness, arrives, lingers, and leaves. Eat in measure, not too much, not too little, not for delight, not for the tongue’s applause, but for full nourishment. Do not trouble yourself over which antibiotic is prescribed amoxicillin or azithromycin. Leave that to the Doctor who treats you. And leave to nature what arrives on your plate, poha or oatmeal, receive it, and take only what is needed. Oh dear  Jijñāsu  , If there is no sepsis, no cancer, no trembling heart in crisis, you do not seek a hospital bed. In the same way, if there is no desire for lineage, wealth, or fleeting fame, why admit yourself into samsara? Step out of name, out of form, out of t...