Skip to main content

10. Saddharshanam - Where is ignorance located?

 Verse 10

அறியாமை விட்டறிவின் ராமறிவு விட்டவ்

வறியாமை யின்றாகு மந்த வறிவு

மறியா மையுமார்க்கென் றம்முதலாந் தன்னை

யறியு மறிவே யறிவு

பதம் பிரித்தல்

அறியாமை விட்டு அறிவு இன்று ஆம் அறிவு விட்டு

அவ்வறியாமை இன்று ஆகும்; 'அந்த அறிவும்

அறியாமையும் ஆர்க்கு என்று அம்முதலாம் தன்னை

அறியும் அறிவே அறிவு

विद्या कथं भाति न चेदविद्या

विद्यां विना किं प्रविभात्यविद्या।

द्वयं च कस्येति विचार्य मूल -

स्वरूपनिष्ठा परमार्थविद्या ॥ १०


Where is ignorance located ?

All that is there is dyads and triads

All things have two or more sides

Yājñavalkya expresses to Janakā

Sanatkumara  explains  to Naradā 


What is not Bhumā is explained first 

Finite things are one by one negated 

A huge black hole also undergoes fatality

Small and finite is always subject to mortality


The bars of the duality arrest the humanity 

Dismantling the bars brings out the sanity

Finite things are like 'fire' asks for more 

That's why was named 'Analā' by sages of yore


Like the search for eyeglasses that is on the head

Freedom is searched when one already has it

Happiness is wanted all the time by everyone

Querying the source provides the ultimate spin


One gets manifested as multiple things

Though grammatically wrong  it is IS

It is the truth that shines day and night

Now is 'Now', and is free of from fight 


Without ignorance there is no knowledge

Without Knowledge there is no ignorance 

Scholars go around so they can show off

Knowledge needs ignorance to shine off


Where is ignorance located ?

This has been debated for centuries

Vachaspati Mishra thought it is in  Jivā

Prakashatmamati said it is in Brahman


'As though' we have ignorance 

'As though' we remove with knowledge

'As though' it is taught  day after day 

'As though' poem is written class after class


Swamini Svatmavidyanada class 18 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Be ( Summa Iru)

Just Be (Summa Iru)  As I sat in the weekly satsangs on Ramana Maharshi, Bhagavan’s question echoed within me: “When are you coming to Tiruvannamalai?” That question did not remain a question for long. It ripened itself. The long vigil of Maha Shivaratri, chanting the Ramana Tamil parayanam and the 26th chapter of the Ribhu Gita, deepened the saṅkalpa into something steady and irreversible. After a week-long Vedanta camp in Rishikesh, the journey unfolded almost on its own. Flights were booked. A car was arranged from Chennai. For the first time, plans were made not for the world or family, but for the Self. And in that sincerity, something remarkable happened: the universe did not resist. No one in the family objected. It was as if life itself stepped aside. Despite war and unrest disrupting travel across the world, when asked, “Are you still going?” the response arose effortlessly: “If it has to happen, it will.” In the bustle of Rishikesh, the mind wandered through sense objects...

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome Should I sleep away from the drama of the world, Or awaken to the stillness in which it appears? Should I wake up from the dream of the waking state, where name and form parade as truth? Or accept them as they are? Should I stop attempting to rewrite the script of life? Or engage in the scenes of the play with a playful attitude? Should I stop projecting a personal movie, Or recognize that I am the light that makes all images possible? Should I reject the world as a mere phenomenon? Or release identification with body and mind? Should I rest in the wisdom of internal calmness ? Should I be that mystical Swan  meandering gracefully in the water  abiding in self right now? If not I, Who will see this? If not now, When will this seeing occur? Who am I is the question of Viveka What am I up to is the question of Vairagya When there is nowhere to go, and nothing to attain, I dwell in these questions, not seeking answers, for the questions themselves are...

Discharge Summary - from the ward of Ignorance

Patient Name: Jijñāsu Admission Diagnosis: Samsara (chronic cyclical identification with nāma–rūpa–karma) Hospital Course: Prolonged, recurrent, self-perpetuating Final Status: Free — here and now DISPOSITION: Discharged to Self. FOLLOW-UP: None. PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS: Oh dear patient, Take food as medicine. Hunger, like an illness, arrives, lingers, and leaves. Eat in measure, not too much, not too little, not for delight, not for the tongue’s applause, but for full nourishment. Do not trouble yourself over which antibiotic is prescribed amoxicillin or azithromycin. Leave that to the Doctor who treats you. And leave to nature what arrives on your plate, poha or oatmeal, receive it, and take only what is needed. Oh dear  Jijñāsu  , If there is no sepsis, no cancer, no trembling heart in crisis, you do not seek a hospital bed. In the same way, if there is no desire for lineage, wealth, or fleeting fame, why admit yourself into samsara? Step out of name, out of form, out of t...