Skip to main content

9. Saddharshanam - The placid lake

 Verse 9.

 இரட்டை கண் முப்புடிக ளென்று மொன்று பற்றி 

யிருப்பவா மவ்வொன்றே தென்று -கருத்தினுட் 

கண்டார் கழலுமவை கண்டவ ரேயுண்மை 

கண்டார் கலங்காரே காண் 

பதம் பிரித்தல் 

இரட்டைகள் முப்புடிகள் என்றும்  ஒன்று பற்றி 

இருப்பவாம்  அவ் ஒன்று  ஏது  என்று -கருத்தினுள்  

கண்டாரல்  கழலும் அவை கண்டவரே உண்மை 

கண்டார்; கலங்காரே காண்

द्वन्द्वानि सवार्ण्यखिलास्त्रपुट्यः

 किञ्चित्समाश्रित्या विभान्तितवस्तु ।

तन्मागर्णे स्याद्गिलतं समस्तं

न पश्यतां सच्चलनं कदापि ॥ ९ ॥

dvandvāni sarvāṇyakhilās-tripuṭyaḥ 

kiñcit-samāśritya vibhānti vastu। 

tanmārgaṇe syād-galitaṃ samastaṃ 

na paśyatāṃ sac-calanaṃ kadāpi ॥ 9 ॥

9. The placid lake

The Universe is full of opposite forces

They repel and react with full force

Ātmā; Anātmā, Dharmā; Adharmā

Dyads continue according to Karmā


The triads also occupy the electoral college

Knower, known, and means of knowledge

A bridge between earthquake and quicksand

That is the truce between the choices 


Jīvā is unable to let go due to familiarity

Just like the carnivorous plant barbarity

The intense pressure to take sides takeover

The relative reality is covered as pullover


They are bubbles and foams that come to surface

Deep diving will get to the true undersurface

The concepts of good and bad shine because of  'I'

The dyads and triads cannot withstand enquiry


In the abstract process of searching 

The dyads and triads melt away lurching

Self abides in the unchanging canvas screen 

Lending itself to all divisions with a sheen 


The seer is gone, the seeing is gone, the sight is gone

But 'I' is not opposed to any of them in particular

The beauty of that true consciousness shines

The placid lake without movement remains 


Swamini Svatmavidyanandaji class 17 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Be ( Summa Iru)

Just Be (Summa Iru)  As I sat in the weekly satsangs on Ramana Maharshi, Bhagavan’s question echoed within me: “When are you coming to Tiruvannamalai?” That question did not remain a question for long. It ripened itself. The long vigil of Maha Shivaratri, chanting the Ramana Tamil parayanam and the 26th chapter of the Ribhu Gita, deepened the saṅkalpa into something steady and irreversible. After a week-long Vedanta camp in Rishikesh, the journey unfolded almost on its own. Flights were booked. A car was arranged from Chennai. For the first time, plans were made not for the world or family, but for the Self. And in that sincerity, something remarkable happened: the universe did not resist. No one in the family objected. It was as if life itself stepped aside. Despite war and unrest disrupting travel across the world, when asked, “Are you still going?” the response arose effortlessly: “If it has to happen, it will.” In the bustle of Rishikesh, the mind wandered through sense objects...

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome Should I sleep away from the drama of the world, Or awaken to the stillness in which it appears? Should I wake up from the dream of the waking state, where name and form parade as truth? Or accept them as they are? Should I stop attempting to rewrite the script of life? Or engage in the scenes of the play with a playful attitude? Should I stop projecting a personal movie, Or recognize that I am the light that makes all images possible? Should I reject the world as a mere phenomenon? Or release identification with body and mind? Should I rest in the wisdom of internal calmness ? Should I be that mystical Swan  meandering gracefully in the water  abiding in self right now? If not I, Who will see this? If not now, When will this seeing occur? Who am I is the question of Viveka What am I up to is the question of Vairagya When there is nowhere to go, and nothing to attain, I dwell in these questions, not seeking answers, for the questions themselves are...

Discharge Summary - from the ward of Ignorance

Patient Name: Jijñāsu Admission Diagnosis: Samsara (chronic cyclical identification with nāma–rūpa–karma) Hospital Course: Prolonged, recurrent, self-perpetuating Final Status: Free — here and now DISPOSITION: Discharged to Self. FOLLOW-UP: None. PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS: Oh dear patient, Take food as medicine. Hunger, like an illness, arrives, lingers, and leaves. Eat in measure, not too much, not too little, not for delight, not for the tongue’s applause, but for full nourishment. Do not trouble yourself over which antibiotic is prescribed amoxicillin or azithromycin. Leave that to the Doctor who treats you. And leave to nature what arrives on your plate, poha or oatmeal, receive it, and take only what is needed. Oh dear  Jijñāsu  , If there is no sepsis, no cancer, no trembling heart in crisis, you do not seek a hospital bed. In the same way, if there is no desire for lineage, wealth, or fleeting fame, why admit yourself into samsara? Step out of name, out of form, out of t...