Skip to main content

3. Saddharshanam - Who am 'I'

 3. விவேக அத்தியாயம் 

    உலகு மெய் பொய்த் தோற்ற முலகறிவா மன்றென் 

     றுலகுசுக மன்றென் றுரைத்தெ - னுலகு விட்டுத் 

    தன்னையோர்ந்  தொன்றிரண்டு தானற்று நானற்று 

    வந்நிலையெல் லார்க்குமொப் பாம் 

பதம் பிரித்தல் 

    'உலகு மெய்' 'பொய்த் தோற்றம்' 'உலகு அறிவு ஆம்' அன்று என்று,  

     உலகு சுகம்  அன்று என்று உரைத்து என் ? உலகு விட்டுத் 

    தன்னை ஓர்ந்து ஒன்று இரண்டு தான் அற்று நான் அற்ற 

    அந் நிலை எல்லார்க்கும் ஒப்பு  ஆம் 


सत्यं मृषा वा चिदिददं जडं वा

दुःखं सुखं वेित मुधा विवादः।

अदृष्टलोका नि रहंप्रतीित -
निष्ठाऽविकल्पा परमाऽखिलेष्टा ॥ ३ ॥

satyaṃ mṛṣā vā cid-idaṃ jaḍaṃ vā 

duḥkhaṃ sukhaṃ veti mudhā vivādaḥ । 

adṛṣṭa-lokā nirahaṃ-pratītir - 

niṣṭhā'vikalpā paramā'khileṣṭā ॥ 3 ॥

Who am 'I'?

I phone, I pad, I pod and 'I' religion

'I' get domesticated like a pigeon

'I' get mixed up with the possessions

'I' get attached to the various relations


I have this and I have that 

I become this and I want that

I build the house in quick sand 

I then worry that it doesn't stand


I have a Jīva centric philosophy

I have a Jagat centric philosophy

I have an Īśvara centric philosophy

I drop all these to know the true 'I'


'I' get caught in the coffee shop conversations

'I' get lost in the philosophical discussions

'I' is not found in white or grey matter

'I' the sentient is the cause of the splatter


'I' is the cause for all emotions

'I' is the basis for all commotions

'I' is the glowing tip of the incense

'I' is the cause for the world to commence


'I' accommodate all the differences

'I' allow all the fears and tears

'I' do not participate in the wrestling ring 

'I' witness the reality of everything


I abide in the truth of the 'I'

I contemplate in the nature of 'I'

'I' exist without any limitations

'I' witness without any differentiation


It is choices that creates the mystery 

It is the FOMO that becomes the history  

If you know more there is nothing choose

If you be  everything there is nothing to lose 


It is not a theology

It is not a philosophy

It is not a branch of knowledge

It is the knowledge that transcends branches


It is understood without any doubts 

It is  the infinite, limitless whereabouts  

It is the oneness seen everywhere 

It is the absolute desire of everyone

Swamini Svatmavidyanada Class Saddharshanam 8 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Be ( Summa Iru)

Just Be (Summa Iru)  As I sat in the weekly satsangs on Ramana Maharshi, Bhagavan’s question echoed within me: “When are you coming to Tiruvannamalai?” That question did not remain a question for long. It ripened itself. The long vigil of Maha Shivaratri, chanting the Ramana Tamil parayanam and the 26th chapter of the Ribhu Gita, deepened the saṅkalpa into something steady and irreversible. After a week-long Vedanta camp in Rishikesh, the journey unfolded almost on its own. Flights were booked. A car was arranged from Chennai. For the first time, plans were made not for the world or family, but for the Self. And in that sincerity, something remarkable happened: the universe did not resist. No one in the family objected. It was as if life itself stepped aside. Despite war and unrest disrupting travel across the world, when asked, “Are you still going?” the response arose effortlessly: “If it has to happen, it will.” In the bustle of Rishikesh, the mind wandered through sense objects...

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome Should I sleep away from the drama of the world, Or awaken to the stillness in which it appears? Should I wake up from the dream of the waking state, where name and form parade as truth? Or accept them as they are? Should I stop attempting to rewrite the script of life? Or engage in the scenes of the play with a playful attitude? Should I stop projecting a personal movie, Or recognize that I am the light that makes all images possible? Should I reject the world as a mere phenomenon? Or release identification with body and mind? Should I rest in the wisdom of internal calmness ? Should I be that mystical Swan  meandering gracefully in the water  abiding in self right now? If not I, Who will see this? If not now, When will this seeing occur? Who am I is the question of Viveka What am I up to is the question of Vairagya When there is nowhere to go, and nothing to attain, I dwell in these questions, not seeking answers, for the questions themselves are...

Discharge Summary - from the ward of Ignorance

Patient Name: Jijñāsu Admission Diagnosis: Samsara (chronic cyclical identification with nāma–rūpa–karma) Hospital Course: Prolonged, recurrent, self-perpetuating Final Status: Free — here and now DISPOSITION: Discharged to Self. FOLLOW-UP: None. PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS: Oh dear patient, Take food as medicine. Hunger, like an illness, arrives, lingers, and leaves. Eat in measure, not too much, not too little, not for delight, not for the tongue’s applause, but for full nourishment. Do not trouble yourself over which antibiotic is prescribed amoxicillin or azithromycin. Leave that to the Doctor who treats you. And leave to nature what arrives on your plate, poha or oatmeal, receive it, and take only what is needed. Oh dear  Jijñāsu  , If there is no sepsis, no cancer, no trembling heart in crisis, you do not seek a hospital bed. In the same way, if there is no desire for lineage, wealth, or fleeting fame, why admit yourself into samsara? Step out of name, out of form, out of t...