Skip to main content

37. Saddharshanam - Mokśa is not an experience

 37. Mokśa is not an experience

 Moving from duality to nonduality is not true

Everything is Brahman, even when not in view

Some refuse to drop doing puja

They cling to the action of worship

Some latch on to mantra and meditation

some hold on to teaching as an addiction

The idea is to be without any crutches 


Feel good stories with random act of kindness

They get viral and shine as a gem and bless

'Amazing Grace' song may be sung by a blind

When vision is established for the mind

But Mokśa is not an event like that

No 'enlightenment day' in Vedanta



Mokśa is not a special experience

Mokśa is not bound by time

Oneness is 'experienced' in sleep

Oneness is noted in Samadi 

Oneness is present in in pralayā

But all these are temporary 


The facts are always facts

The math of 10 +10 is always 20 

It was 20 even before the child discovered

It is same after the child discovered. 

Knowledge is Vastu tantram

It is unchanging and independent

One is never bound 

And one is never free

Everything is 'As though'


There was a student doing Guru Seva 

He nurtured the cows of as the ashram every day 

One day, all ropes went missing in the cowshed

He didn't know how to tame the cows to bed

Guru asked him to pretend tie the cows

To his surprise cows obeyed and slept

He was told to pretend untie them in the morning

They obeyed and jumped to be ready for grazing


Ocean of Samsarā is nothing but a notion

Guru removes this notion with no motion

Just as the tenth man was 'found' by the sage

Ahankara has to be 'released' from the cage 

Class 40 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Be ( Summa Iru)

Just Be (Summa Iru)  As I sat in the weekly satsangs on Ramana Maharshi, Bhagavan’s question echoed within me: “When are you coming to Tiruvannamalai?” That question did not remain a question for long. It ripened itself. The long vigil of Maha Shivaratri, chanting the Ramana Tamil parayanam and the 26th chapter of the Ribhu Gita, deepened the saṅkalpa into something steady and irreversible. After a week-long Vedanta camp in Rishikesh, the journey unfolded almost on its own. Flights were booked. A car was arranged from Chennai. For the first time, plans were made not for the world or family, but for the Self. And in that sincerity, something remarkable happened: the universe did not resist. No one in the family objected. It was as if life itself stepped aside. Despite war and unrest disrupting travel across the world, when asked, “Are you still going?” the response arose effortlessly: “If it has to happen, it will.” In the bustle of Rishikesh, the mind wandered through sense objects...

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome Should I sleep away from the drama of the world, Or awaken to the stillness in which it appears? Should I wake up from the dream of the waking state, where name and form parade as truth? Or accept them as they are? Should I stop attempting to rewrite the script of life? Or engage in the scenes of the play with a playful attitude? Should I stop projecting a personal movie, Or recognize that I am the light that makes all images possible? Should I reject the world as a mere phenomenon? Or release identification with body and mind? Should I rest in the wisdom of internal calmness ? Should I be that mystical Swan  meandering gracefully in the water  abiding in self right now? If not I, Who will see this? If not now, When will this seeing occur? Who am I is the question of Viveka What am I up to is the question of Vairagya When there is nowhere to go, and nothing to attain, I dwell in these questions, not seeking answers, for the questions themselves are...

Discharge Summary - from the ward of Ignorance

Patient Name: Jijñāsu Admission Diagnosis: Samsara (chronic cyclical identification with nāma–rūpa–karma) Hospital Course: Prolonged, recurrent, self-perpetuating Final Status: Free — here and now DISPOSITION: Discharged to Self. FOLLOW-UP: None. PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS: Oh dear patient, Take food as medicine. Hunger, like an illness, arrives, lingers, and leaves. Eat in measure, not too much, not too little, not for delight, not for the tongue’s applause, but for full nourishment. Do not trouble yourself over which antibiotic is prescribed amoxicillin or azithromycin. Leave that to the Doctor who treats you. And leave to nature what arrives on your plate, poha or oatmeal, receive it, and take only what is needed. Oh dear  Jijñāsu  , If there is no sepsis, no cancer, no trembling heart in crisis, you do not seek a hospital bed. In the same way, if there is no desire for lineage, wealth, or fleeting fame, why admit yourself into samsara? Step out of name, out of form, out of t...