Skip to main content

Who am I?

Who am I?

Question that ponders in all

Seeker follows this call

Who am I?


Where is the answer?

Is it in the ashram hall?

Is it in the books of the stall?

Is it in the mountains that is afar?

Is it in the Guru shining as a star?

Where is the answer?

The answer is in the question itself.


It is the identity with which I live

It is name and form I give

Now, I am a spouse

Now, I live in the house,

Now, I am a daughter,

Now, I am a mother,

Now, I am a doctor,

Now, I am a donor,

Now, I am a devotee,

Now, I am a .....

I live with an identity

This is my self!


Is it real my self? - Obviously not!

Identity is the most changeful!

It changes every minute,

Then, what is the real self?

Prepare the soil,

Remove the weeds, 

Add compost and manure,

Let the seed germinate...

Who am I?


Put aside busy living in the world,

Put aside ideas that are buried,

Put aside customs and traditions,

Put aside all concepts and notions,

Now, ask who am I?


 I certainly can say 

I exist... I am...

And I know...

I am conscious...

Chinmayoham


Everything else is mind, memory...

I am a conscious being

This is the immediately freeing

I am a simple conscious being.

Chinmayoham


Simple is beautiful

Truth is simple

Human mind makes it complex

I am a simple conscious being.

Chinmayoham


As I die to the memory,

I come alive now,

without memory,

without choices,

without intervention of the mind,

I come alive...

Chinmayoham


No names, no labels,

No projections, no preferences,

No liking, no disliking,

Then, no ego.....

Egoless consciousness...

Choice-less consciousness...

That is the true self

Chinmayoham


Now, there is a deep silence.....

Chinmayoham

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Be ( Summa Iru)

Just Be (Summa Iru)  As I sat in the weekly satsangs on Ramana Maharshi, Bhagavan’s question echoed within me: “When are you coming to Tiruvannamalai?” That question did not remain a question for long. It ripened itself. The long vigil of Maha Shivaratri, chanting the Ramana Tamil parayanam and the 26th chapter of the Ribhu Gita, deepened the saṅkalpa into something steady and irreversible. After a week-long Vedanta camp in Rishikesh, the journey unfolded almost on its own. Flights were booked. A car was arranged from Chennai. For the first time, plans were made not for the world or family, but for the Self. And in that sincerity, something remarkable happened: the universe did not resist. No one in the family objected. It was as if life itself stepped aside. Despite war and unrest disrupting travel across the world, when asked, “Are you still going?” the response arose effortlessly: “If it has to happen, it will.” In the bustle of Rishikesh, the mind wandered through sense objects...

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome Should I sleep away from the drama of the world, Or awaken to the stillness in which it appears? Should I wake up from the dream of the waking state, where name and form parade as truth? Or accept them as they are? Should I stop attempting to rewrite the script of life? Or engage in the scenes of the play with a playful attitude? Should I stop projecting a personal movie, Or recognize that I am the light that makes all images possible? Should I reject the world as a mere phenomenon? Or release identification with body and mind? Should I rest in the wisdom of internal calmness ? Should I be that mystical Swan  meandering gracefully in the water  abiding in self right now? If not I, Who will see this? If not now, When will this seeing occur? Who am I is the question of Viveka What am I up to is the question of Vairagya When there is nowhere to go, and nothing to attain, I dwell in these questions, not seeking answers, for the questions themselves are...

Discharge Summary - from the ward of Ignorance

Patient Name: Jijñāsu Admission Diagnosis: Samsara (chronic cyclical identification with nāma–rūpa–karma) Hospital Course: Prolonged, recurrent, self-perpetuating Final Status: Free — here and now DISPOSITION: Discharged to Self. FOLLOW-UP: None. PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS: Oh dear patient, Take food as medicine. Hunger, like an illness, arrives, lingers, and leaves. Eat in measure, not too much, not too little, not for delight, not for the tongue’s applause, but for full nourishment. Do not trouble yourself over which antibiotic is prescribed amoxicillin or azithromycin. Leave that to the Doctor who treats you. And leave to nature what arrives on your plate, poha or oatmeal, receive it, and take only what is needed. Oh dear  Jijñāsu  , If there is no sepsis, no cancer, no trembling heart in crisis, you do not seek a hospital bed. In the same way, if there is no desire for lineage, wealth, or fleeting fame, why admit yourself into samsara? Step out of name, out of form, out of t...