Skip to main content

Light of Lights



Light of Lights


What is the source of light?

The sun is the source by day,

The lamp, the guide by night.

What is the source by which light is seen?

The eyes are mirrors reflecting the light.

What is the light that gives sight to the eyes?

The intellect — the lamp within shines bright.

And what is the source that knows the intellect?

It is the Self — knower of all knowing.

You are the Light of Lights.

You are That.


Let the darkness of ignorance be gone,

Let the Light of knowledge be lit.

Let the darkness of me and mine be gone,

Let the Light of oneness be lit.

Let the darkness of hoarding be shed,

Let the Light of letting go be lit.

Let the darkness of divisions be removed,

Let the Light of unity be lit.

Let the darkness of scarcity be destroyed,

Let the Light of wealth be lit.

Let the lamps of sameness shine in rows,

Let the line of Lights within glow!

Happy Dīpāvali!


Ekashloki

किं ज्योतिस्तवभानुमानहनि मे रात्रौ प्रदीपादिकं

स्यादेवं रविदीपदर्शनविधौ किं ज्योतिराख्याहि मे ।

चक्षुस्तस्य निमीलनादिसमये किं धीर्धियो दर्शने

किं तत्राहमतो भवान्परमकं ज्योतिस्तदस्मि प्रभो ॥


kiṃ jyotistavabhānumānahani me rātrau pradīpādikaṃ

syādevaṃ ravidīpadarśanavidhau kiṃ jyotirākhyāhi me .

cakṣustasya nimīlanādisamaye kiṃ dhīrdhiyo darśane

kiṃ tatrāhamato bhavānparamakaṃ jyotistadasmi prabho .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Be ( Summa Iru)

Just Be (Summa Iru)  As I sat in the weekly satsangs on Ramana Maharshi, Bhagavan’s question echoed within me: “When are you coming to Tiruvannamalai?” That question did not remain a question for long. It ripened itself. The long vigil of Maha Shivaratri, chanting the Ramana Tamil parayanam and the 26th chapter of the Ribhu Gita, deepened the saṅkalpa into something steady and irreversible. After a week-long Vedanta camp in Rishikesh, the journey unfolded almost on its own. Flights were booked. A car was arranged from Chennai. For the first time, plans were made not for the world or family, but for the Self. And in that sincerity, something remarkable happened: the universe did not resist. No one in the family objected. It was as if life itself stepped aside. Despite war and unrest disrupting travel across the world, when asked, “Are you still going?” the response arose effortlessly: “If it has to happen, it will.” In the bustle of Rishikesh, the mind wandered through sense objects...

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome Should I sleep away from the drama of the world, Or awaken to the stillness in which it appears? Should I wake up from the dream of the waking state, where name and form parade as truth? Or accept them as they are? Should I stop attempting to rewrite the script of life? Or engage in the scenes of the play with a playful attitude? Should I stop projecting a personal movie, Or recognize that I am the light that makes all images possible? Should I reject the world as a mere phenomenon? Or release identification with body and mind? Should I rest in the wisdom of internal calmness ? Should I be that mystical Swan  meandering gracefully in the water  abiding in self right now? If not I, Who will see this? If not now, When will this seeing occur? Who am I is the question of Viveka What am I up to is the question of Vairagya When there is nowhere to go, and nothing to attain, I dwell in these questions, not seeking answers, for the questions themselves are...

Discharge Summary - from the ward of Ignorance

Patient Name: Jijñāsu Admission Diagnosis: Samsara (chronic cyclical identification with nāma–rūpa–karma) Hospital Course: Prolonged, recurrent, self-perpetuating Final Status: Free — here and now DISPOSITION: Discharged to Self. FOLLOW-UP: None. PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS: Oh dear patient, Take food as medicine. Hunger, like an illness, arrives, lingers, and leaves. Eat in measure, not too much, not too little, not for delight, not for the tongue’s applause, but for full nourishment. Do not trouble yourself over which antibiotic is prescribed amoxicillin or azithromycin. Leave that to the Doctor who treats you. And leave to nature what arrives on your plate, poha or oatmeal, receive it, and take only what is needed. Oh dear  Jijñāsu  , If there is no sepsis, no cancer, no trembling heart in crisis, you do not seek a hospital bed. In the same way, if there is no desire for lineage, wealth, or fleeting fame, why admit yourself into samsara? Step out of name, out of form, out of t...