Skip to main content

A cure for 'Samsaritis' - Sravanam, Mananam Nididhyasanam



Triple antibiotic treats Cellulitis 

Neomycin, Polymyxin  Bacitracin

Apply liberally so wounds can heal 

And it is kind of a package deal 


 Triple practice cures Samsaritis

 Sravanam, Mananam Nididhyasanam 

 Practice for the ignorance to flee

 And then you can be free


Tumor grows without a reason

Ignorance exists without an origin

Tumor spreads in predicted pattern

Ahankara grows like rings around Saturn 


Shabda acts without interruption  

Ignorance undergoes destruction   

The main ingredient of this concoction

Sravanam is the antidote with no option


Self enquiry removes the obstruction

Clears the doubts with no corruption 

Mananam functions as a wonderful remedy 

And it removes errors to bring clarity


Familiarity brings back the habit

Mind jumps back like a rabbit

Nididhyasanam makes you strong

So the knowledge shines along


A platter of appetizers are served 

And will be eaten by the deserved

It was  really a sweet treat 

We enjoyed in the Zoom retreat 


Swamini Svatmavidyananda Bahamas Retreat  Sravanam, Mananam, Nididhyasanam

(Sep 25-Sep 29 2021)




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just Be ( Summa Iru)

Just Be (Summa Iru)  As I sat in the weekly satsangs on Ramana Maharshi, Bhagavan’s question echoed within me: “When are you coming to Tiruvannamalai?” That question did not remain a question for long. It ripened itself. The long vigil of Maha Shivaratri, chanting the Ramana Tamil parayanam and the 26th chapter of the Ribhu Gita, deepened the saṅkalpa into something steady and irreversible. After a week-long Vedanta camp in Rishikesh, the journey unfolded almost on its own. Flights were booked. A car was arranged from Chennai. For the first time, plans were made not for the world or family, but for the Self. And in that sincerity, something remarkable happened: the universe did not resist. No one in the family objected. It was as if life itself stepped aside. Despite war and unrest disrupting travel across the world, when asked, “Are you still going?” the response arose effortlessly: “If it has to happen, it will.” In the bustle of Rishikesh, the mind wandered through sense objects...

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome Should I sleep away from the drama of the world, Or awaken to the stillness in which it appears? Should I wake up from the dream of the waking state, where name and form parade as truth? Or accept them as they are? Should I stop attempting to rewrite the script of life? Or engage in the scenes of the play with a playful attitude? Should I stop projecting a personal movie, Or recognize that I am the light that makes all images possible? Should I reject the world as a mere phenomenon? Or release identification with body and mind? Should I rest in the wisdom of internal calmness ? Should I be that mystical Swan  meandering gracefully in the water  abiding in self right now? If not I, Who will see this? If not now, When will this seeing occur? Who am I is the question of Viveka What am I up to is the question of Vairagya When there is nowhere to go, and nothing to attain, I dwell in these questions, not seeking answers, for the questions themselves are...

Discharge Summary - from the ward of Ignorance

Patient Name: Jijñāsu Admission Diagnosis: Samsara (chronic cyclical identification with nāma–rūpa–karma) Hospital Course: Prolonged, recurrent, self-perpetuating Final Status: Free — here and now DISPOSITION: Discharged to Self. FOLLOW-UP: None. PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS: Oh dear patient, Take food as medicine. Hunger, like an illness, arrives, lingers, and leaves. Eat in measure, not too much, not too little, not for delight, not for the tongue’s applause, but for full nourishment. Do not trouble yourself over which antibiotic is prescribed amoxicillin or azithromycin. Leave that to the Doctor who treats you. And leave to nature what arrives on your plate, poha or oatmeal, receive it, and take only what is needed. Oh dear  Jijñāsu  , If there is no sepsis, no cancer, no trembling heart in crisis, you do not seek a hospital bed. In the same way, if there is no desire for lineage, wealth, or fleeting fame, why admit yourself into samsara? Step out of name, out of form, out of t...