Skip to main content

O Golden Disc

 


O Golden Disc

O Golden Disc,
doorway to the face of Truth,
hidden by your radiant veil.

as you rise,
a thousand names and forms awaken,
a vast unfolding of appearance.

As you shine in fullness,
Let me rise 
beyond the plethora of names and forms,
beyond the pleasure and pain,
beyond the desires and fears ,
beyond all pairs of opposites.

Remove, O Radiant One,
this blinding veil of ignorance,
that vision may rest in what is

As you set in the evening dusk,
withdrawing your rays,
O nourisher, O ordainer of all,
gather your light rays  into One.
I behold thy glorious within.

That Purusha I am,
the ultimate Truth.

ஓ தங்கப் பிழம்பே! 

மெய்யின் முகவாயிலே!

மறைக்கும் பேரொளித்திரையே! 

செவ்வான விடியலில் 
செருக்குடன் எழும் 
பற்பல பெயர்களும் 
உருவங்களும் 
பரந்த வேறுபாடும்  

உன் பேரொளி உபயத்தில்
பெயர் ரூபங்களைத்  தாண்டி 
இன்பம் துன்பம் தாண்டி,
ஆசை பயம் தாண்டி,
எல்லா இருமைகளையும் தாண்டி.
இருப்பதை இருக்கும் படி 
காணும் பார்வை பிறக்கட்டும்.


உயிர்களை போஷிப்பவனே,
இயற்கை நியதியின் ஆண்டவனே,
மாலையில் உன் கதிர்களை உள்வாங்கும்போது
ஒளிக்கதிர்களை ஒன்றாகச் சேர்த்து நிலைநிறுத்து!

அந்த ஒளிப்  பிழம்பை 
நான் என்னுள்ளே காண்கிறேன்!

அந்த புருஷன் நானே!
அதுவே பரம சத்தியம்!



Ishavsya Upanishad Mantra 15, 16. 


हिरण्मयेन पात्रेण सत्यस्यापिहितं मुखम् । 

तत्त्वं पूषन्नपावृणु सत्यधर्माय दृष्टये ॥ १५ ॥

hiraṇmayena pātreṇa satyasyāpihitaṃ mukham | 

tattvaṃ pūṣannapāvṛṇu satyadharmāya dṛṣṭaye || 15 ||


पूषन्नेकर्षे यम सूर्य प्राजापत्य व्यूह रश्मीन्समूह । 

तेजः यत्ते रूपं कल्याणतमं तत्ते पश्यामि योऽसावसौ पुरुषः सोऽहमस्मि ॥ १६ ॥

pūṣannekarṣe yama sūrya prājāpatya vyūha raśmīnsamūha | 

tejaḥ yatte rūpaṃ kalyāṇatamaṃ tatte paśyāmi yo'sāvasau puruṣaḥ so'hamasmi || 16 ||

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Be ( Summa Iru)

Just Be (Summa Iru)  As I sat in the weekly satsangs on Ramana Maharshi, Bhagavan’s question echoed within me: “When are you coming to Tiruvannamalai?” That question did not remain a question for long. It ripened itself. The long vigil of Maha Shivaratri, chanting the Ramana Tamil parayanam and the 26th chapter of the Ribhu Gita, deepened the saṅkalpa into something steady and irreversible. After a week-long Vedanta camp in Rishikesh, the journey unfolded almost on its own. Flights were booked. A car was arranged from Chennai. For the first time, plans were made not for the world or family, but for the Self. And in that sincerity, something remarkable happened: the universe did not resist. No one in the family objected. It was as if life itself stepped aside. Despite war and unrest disrupting travel across the world, when asked, “Are you still going?” the response arose effortlessly: “If it has to happen, it will.” In the bustle of Rishikesh, the mind wandered through sense objects...

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome

Exit from Abhimanyu Syndrome Should I sleep away from the drama of the world, Or awaken to the stillness in which it appears? Should I wake up from the dream of the waking state, where name and form parade as truth? Or accept them as they are? Should I stop attempting to rewrite the script of life? Or engage in the scenes of the play with a playful attitude? Should I stop projecting a personal movie, Or recognize that I am the light that makes all images possible? Should I reject the world as a mere phenomenon? Or release identification with body and mind? Should I rest in the wisdom of internal calmness ? Should I be that mystical Swan  meandering gracefully in the water  abiding in self right now? If not I, Who will see this? If not now, When will this seeing occur? Who am I is the question of Viveka What am I up to is the question of Vairagya When there is nowhere to go, and nothing to attain, I dwell in these questions, not seeking answers, for the questions themselves are...

Discharge Summary - from the ward of Ignorance

Patient Name: Jijñāsu Admission Diagnosis: Samsara (chronic cyclical identification with nāma–rūpa–karma) Hospital Course: Prolonged, recurrent, self-perpetuating Final Status: Free — here and now DISPOSITION: Discharged to Self. FOLLOW-UP: None. PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS: Oh dear patient, Take food as medicine. Hunger, like an illness, arrives, lingers, and leaves. Eat in measure, not too much, not too little, not for delight, not for the tongue’s applause, but for full nourishment. Do not trouble yourself over which antibiotic is prescribed amoxicillin or azithromycin. Leave that to the Doctor who treats you. And leave to nature what arrives on your plate, poha or oatmeal, receive it, and take only what is needed. Oh dear  Jijñāsu  , If there is no sepsis, no cancer, no trembling heart in crisis, you do not seek a hospital bed. In the same way, if there is no desire for lineage, wealth, or fleeting fame, why admit yourself into samsara? Step out of name, out of form, out of t...